One might associate MMA with blood and violence, but is MMA safe as a worldwide legal sport? For those who have not been trained by the MMA, integrated martial arts competitions may seem unsafe on the surface. In fact, this is a big misunderstanding. Modern MMA should be said to be a very safe sport and has a fairly good safety record. In its more than 80 years of competition history, only one death has been recorded (in 1998 Russia held an unsanctioned contest of chaotic management). In other sports, such as sanda, boxing, wrestling, football and even tug-of-war, there have been more casualties. In fact, the exaggerated description of the MMA movement is just a kind of commercial hype, which is just for attracting more audiences.
The specific data
The following is a set of casualty statistics on MMA and other sports:
International MMA competition committee:
In six years there were 482 games
A total of 46 cases were injured in six years
Injury rate 9.5% (five-minute round)
A total of one death has been reported so far
American amateur boxing association (1998-2003) :
An average of 25,000 amateur and 5,000 professional boxing matches a year
A total of 9,183 cases were injured
Injury rate 30% (3-minute round)
An average of 3 deaths per year (1.3 deaths per 1,000 people)
American football (1998-2003) :
An average of 12 athletes die in training each year
An average of eight athletes die each year
An average of three athletes die each year from heatstroke
An average of 250,000 concussions per year
An average of 32 deaths per year in motor racing (260 since 1990, including 29 spectators and 5 children)
A total of 128 deaths occurred in horse racing
A total of 11 people died while diving
Seven people died in the motorcycle race
A total of 123 people died during the jump
Fifty-five people died in paragliding
A total of 51 people died in the mountaineering competition
Previous: No Information
- Sports Goods Market Warmer Future Development P...
- Development Trend Of Sporting Goods
- Sports Goods Industry Development Momentum Is F...
- Brazilian Jujitsu Why Can't Shirtless Wear A Suit?
- Practice Brazilian Jujitsu How To Protect Yours...
- The Development Process Of MMA
- MMA Competition Restrictions
- In Recent Years, Some Trends In The Field Of MMA
- Brazilian Jujitsu Training Why Do You Need To W...
- The Domestic Development Of MMA
- Tonton Sportswear Rashguard Producing
- Shard Design Rashguard
- Tank Top Have Been Finished And Shipped
- American Customer's Reversible Jersey Have Been...
- American Football Jersey Have Been Finished And...
- American Customer Rugby Jersey Have Been Shippe...
- USA Customer Ordered Hoodie Have Been Shipped O...
- American Shorts Hoodie Have Been Shipped On 7 T...
- USA Customer Have Ordered 50 Pc And Shipped 30 ...